Special Track Organization, Paper Submission and Review
Once a Special Track proposal has been accepted, its organizers, hereafter denoted as ‘ST Organizers’ take full responsibility for their event, adhering to the guidelines and deadlines of the main conference.
In particular, SpeT Organizers are responsible for following tasks:
- prepare the call for papers and publicizing the event broadly
- prepare the web page of the event, to be linked to the CBMS 2022 main page
- set up an easychair “track” within CBMS 2022
- invite reviewers and having them registered inside their track
- establish internal guidelines for timely reviewing
- monitor the reviewers
- synchronize with the ST Chairs on changes that may affect the event, e.g. too few or too many submissions, changes in the deadlines
- deliver to the ST Chairs and to the PC Chairs of CBMS 2022 a list of accepted papers one week before the notification of acceptance for CBMS 2022
The notifications of acceptance for all tracks as for the main conference are launched by the CBMS PC Chairs.
Papers for a Special Track are submitted to the dedicated easychair track instead of the main conference and are reviewed inside this track, but follow the same specifications, requirements and policies as the main conference submissions in terms of the paper submission deadline, notification deadline, paper formatting and length, and important policies, e.g. concerning blind reviewing, length of papers etc.
The Special Tracks have the same deadlines for notification of acceptance and camera-ready. These deadlines cannot be changed by the ST Organizers. If the CBMS 2022 Chairs decide to change these deadlines, the ST Organizers must inform the authors and reviewers of their track and adjust their internal deadlines accordingly.
A Special Track must have at least 3 accepted papers. If a Special Track has less papers, they will be transferred to the main conference.
Proceedings, Indexing and Special Issues
All accepted full-length Special Track papers will be published by IEEE in the CBMS main conference proceedings under its Special Track scheme. All papers will be submitted for inclusion in the IEEEXplore Digital Library. The conference proceedings will be submitted for EI indexing through INSPEC by IEEE.
ST Organizers may additionally arrange for special issues to further publish the extended journal versions of the papers.
Inquiries about special session proposals should be sent to the Special Track Chairs at:
Specific inquiries about a Special Session should be submitted to the session organizers, who are advised to set up a joint email address, once their proposal is accepted.