The special issue in AIIM(Artificial Intelligence in Medicine, IF: 5.326) solicits submissions on previously unpublished research work. The special issue aims to mainly attract authors who have submitted papers in CBMS 2022 that match within the scope of one of the Artificial Intelligence areas presented below:
• Methods and applications of Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare
• Medical Expert Systems
• Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery in Healthcare
• Design and development of Computer Based Medical Systems using Artificial Intelligence
• Text Mining and Natural Language Processing in Medical Documents
• Medical imaging and artificial intelligence
• Deep Learning applications in healthcare
• Multimodal medical data fusion
• Signal analysis and processing through Artificial Intelligence techniques
• Intelligent devices and systems for telemedicine
Papers to be considered for inclusion in the special issue in AIIM must have potential high impact in some medical or healthcare domain, must be based on any computer system and must have strong novelty of method and theory related to AI and computer science techniques.
Selection procedure and tentative dates
Before the conference, the general chairs and program chairs of different themes of CBMS 2022 will go through all the accepted papers along with detailed review comments. They will identify a set of papers for possible consideration. After discussion after the conference, the chairs will select a final list of 10-15 papers research papers to be invited for the special issue.
All papers submitted to the journal special issue after conference presentation must include significant new materials including both methodology and experimental results. In this respect, we will require at least 50% new materials for this special issue and all papers will go through a peer review process.
Manuscript submission: December 20, 2022.
Author notification: March 31, 2023.
Special issue publication: July 2023.
Rosa Sicilia, University Campus Bio-Medico of Rome (Italy)
Linlin Shen, Shenzhen University (China)
Alejandro Rodríguez González, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (Spain)
KC Santosh, University of South Dakota (USA)
Peter Lucas, Leiden University (The Netherlands)